The night before your Tan
- Shower thoroughly and exfoliate, this will remove dead skin, and provide a smooth surface for your tan to ensure even coverage and lengthen the duration of your tan.
- If you are using Dove products please stop using them at least two days before your tan and for the duration of the tan (5-7 days). Dove soap and Dove lotions leave a film on your skin that leads to a blotchy tan.
- Shaving and waxing should be done the night before.
- Moisturize after your shower, but not the day of your tan. Remember, clean skin!
- Recommended to be make up & deodorant free
- Do not moisturize
- Do not shave
- Wear dark loose fitting clothing and flip flops. Tight fitting clothing worn on a fresh tan can rub the solution off and leave your tan patchy.
- Do not shower or sweat excessively for the next 7-8 hours (Over night if possible) after your tan. This allows your tan to fully develop it’s color.
- If you do not shower until the next morning, please make sure to wear loose fitting, full length pjs to bed.
- Do not shave for the first 12 hours after your spray and first shower, if you MUST please use a fresh razor.
- Use hand sanitizer to wash your hands during developing time.
- Avoid using moisturizers and applying deodorant during developing time.
- Wearing socks or closed shoes can cause your tan to develop unevenly on your feet, please avoid wearing either for at least the first 5 hours of your tan.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing for at least the first 5 hours of your tan, tight clothing could render your tan splotchy.
Maintaining the Tan
It is recommended you follow these general guidelines to maintain your tan:
- Avoid long/hot baths and showers, hot temperatures open your pores and will release the tan more quickly.
- Avoid swimming pools, hot tubs and seawater these can reduce your tan.
- We recommend using our Vanilla-Lavender Tan Extending Moisturizer, unlike other lotions this is specifically designed to extend the longevity of your tan and ensure even fading at the end of your tan.
- Try to use a fresh razor every time you shave during your tan.
- Pat your skin dry after every shower
- Moisturize twice a day.